What Are the Most Common Arguments on Holiday and How Can you Avoid Them?
This week Bravofly turns its attention to holiday family disputes by asking, what are the most common arguments on holiday and how can you avoid them?
All of a Sudden, You’re Shouting at Each Other From Across the Street
Everybody’s been there. You and your family have set off for the trip of a lifetime. However, instead of taking in everything your unique holiday destination has to offer, you’re shouting at each other from across the street, in front of a crowd of bewildered locals.
It’s so easy to get into a dispute on holiday, especially when you’re travelling as a family. You’re forced together for days on end, when normally, you would all have your own lives. All of the annoying habits that you can normally look past get brought into sharp relief, and it’s only a matter of time before you say enough is enough.
Bravofly Has Found That the Top Five Causes of Holiday Disputes Are…
Saying that, this is your holiday, your time together as a family. You shouldn’t let arguments ruin it. That’s why it’s a good idea to identify why you might argue and how you can diffuse the tension ahead of time. That way you can get the most out of your holiday experience.
As a holiday specialist, who strive to ensure you get the trip of a lifetime, we’ve seen this problem time and time again. In Bravofly’s experience, these are the most common causes of strife on a family holiday…
1) Money: Holiday budgets don’t always last as long as you expect them too. All of a sudden, you don’t have enough cash left to do everything that everyone wants, and someone loses out. This of course, causes resentment and harsh words soon fly. That’s why it’s essential you draw up a holiday budget in advance.
2) Food: There’s always at least one fussy eater in the family. If you don’t want to eat where they do, watch, as they throw a tantrum of epic proportions. That’s why it’s always a good idea to either go self-catering, or to a restaurant with plenty of options.
3) Car Hire: Car hire is painful. It’s long, complicated, and someone inevitably gets frustrated, especially after travelling to your destination for hours. That’s why it’s a good idea to sort as much of the car hire process out beforehand, so you can ensure that it’s as easy as possible and won’t cause any family arguments.
4) Sunburn: There’s always one person who forgets to put on sun cream. They’re in serious pain, and people in pain tend to snap easier, igniting a war that could ruin the whole holiday. That’s why you need to make sure everyone is wearing sun cream before they leave the hotel – no exceptions!
5) Different Attractions: You want to go to a museum. Your kids want to go to a waterpark. At some point in your holiday you’ll all want to do different things and if people don’t get their own way on holiday, they tend to be selfish and take it out on others, causing a family ruckus. That’s why you should draw up an itinerary well in advance so everyone gets the chance to do what they want to do.
So it really is easy to get angry at each other on holiday, but it’s just as easy to resolve the tension ahead of time, to ensure that you and your family have memories that’ll last a lifetime. Just get proactive and think!