Take a Family Day Out in the Blue Mountains
This week, Bravofly lets you know what to expect when you decide to take your family out for a day trip to the stunning Blue Mountains in New South Wales, Australia.
Getting to the Blue Mountains
When you and your family are on the holiday of a lifetime in Sydney, you might want to take a chance to get away from the hustle and bustle of the cityscape, and experience all the land down under’s natural landscape has to offer.
There’s no better place to do so than the Blue Mountains – a mountain-range so effortlessly breathtaking, it’ll leave your kids spellbound. And as luck would have it, it’s ridiculously easy to get to there. Just hop on a bus from Sydney – it’ll only set you back $2.50 per person, and you’ll be headed for the mountain range in no time.
What to Do in the Blue Mountains
But what to do when you get there? There’s plenty to keep your family occupied in Australia’s most famous mountain range, including…
- Horse Riding: Set in the glorious Kanimbla Valley, the Centennial Glen Stables are a great place to give your kids the chance to try their hands at horse riding. Don’t worry, training and hard hats are provided!
- Trolley Tours: If you’re looking to give the family a unique experience, you have to take a Blue Mountains Trolley Tour. It’s a great way to see the landscape and hear the fascinating history of the Blue Mountains.
- Glenbrook Village: When you decide a break from the nature, and it’s time for a little civilisation, Glenbrook Village is the place to head to. It’ got everything you need – bakeries, shops, restaurants, cafes and even a couple of swimming holes to give your kids the chance to indulge in a little Australian-style cool down!
- The Explorer Bus: The Explorer Bus is a little different from the Trolley Tour; it’s versatile because it’s a hop on, hop-off explorer service, meaning you can find somewhere you like, get off and explore, then get back on. You can pick and choose, and make sure to stop off at the electrifying waterfalls, and on one of the exciting bushwalks you need to try for yourself!
- The Blue Mountains Botanical Gardens: Located on the epic Mount Tomah, the Blue Mountains Botanical Gardens are the perfect educational experience for your kids. With its extraordinarily cool climate, the gardens feature thousands of plants from all over the Southern hemisphere that will give your family a once in a lifetime experience.
What More Could You Ask For From a Trip to Australia?
The Blue Mountains really do have it all. Not only do they boast world renowned panoramic views, they have culture, excitement, history, natural beauty and education – what more could you and your family ask for from your trip to Australia!