BravoNext SA, a Swiss company within the lastminute.com group (order no.: CHE -115.704.22), based in Vicolo de’ Calvi 2 – 6830 Chiasso, Switzerland (tel. 0041 916833339), acknowledges the importance of protecting the privacy and rights of users using its blog Site. Internet is potentially a very powerful tool for the circulation of personal data; Bravonext and the companies within the lastminute.com group are seriously committed to complying with the regulations on personal data protection and security in order to guarantee the users’ safe, controlled and confidential netsurfing. This Privacy Statement may be amended in the future to ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable regulations in the event of their amendment or update. Users are invited to read carefully the rules applied by the company to collect and process personal data and to continue to provide a satisfactory service.
This Privacy Statement, which is in accordance with personal data protection rules, describes the methods applied by the company to manage and process the personal data of:
(i) Users who consult and use the Site, and
(ii) Users who use the Blogging Services.
Users are required to supply accurate, correct and updated personal data in order to establish and manage their contractual relationship with the Data Controller and to duly purchase the selected tourist service. Users acknowledge that the supply of inaccurate, incorrect and not updated personal data prevents the Data Controller from supplying its Blogging Services.
The Data Controllers are BravoNext SA (hereinafter, “Bravonext” or “Data Controller”) and the companies that are controlled thereby or affiliated thereto or that are within the lastminute.com group (hereinafter, “Data Controllers”). The full and updated list of companies controlled by and affiliated to Bravonext or within the lastminute.com group may be requested by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Users’ personal data is collected:
– from users, via their direct electronic supply through the filling in of (i) the registration form in the Site, (ii) the registration for contests or special events, (iii) the subscribing to newsletters. This data may includes users’ name, surname, nickname, e-mail address, etc.
– via the computer systems and software procedures used for the operation of the Site in the course of their normal operation, in an implicit manner, as a result of the use of Internet communication protocols. This information is not collected to be associated with identified Users; yet, it is such that, as a result of its processing and association with data held by third parties, it might lead to the identification of Users. This category of data includes IP addresses or domain names of computers of Users connecting to the Website, the URIs (Uniform Resource Identifier) of the resources requested, the hour of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the number code indicating the status of the response given by the server (successful, mistake, etc.) and other parameters related to Users’ operating systems and computer environments. This data is used only to obtain anonymous statistical information on the use of the Website and to verify its proper operation. The data may be used to establish liability in case of potential computer crimes damaging the Website.
– by the Website via cookies. Cookies are information that often contains an anonymous, unique identification code that is sent to the browser by a web server and is stored on the hard disk of the user. Later, in the event that subsequent connections to the website are made, these cookies can be read and recognized by the website as they been aggregated during earlier connections. They are primarily used to operate or improve the functioning of the website, as well as provide business and marketing information to the website’s owner.
A user browsing the website may encounter cookies inserted by the owner of the website (“proper cookies”) or cookies inserted by different entities collaborating in the promotion of content and the delivery of our services (“direct third-party cookies”).
The website’s cookies are used as detailed below and for the purposes herein described:
A. Technical Cookies:
- Cookies strictly necessary for the operation of the website: essential to enable website browsing and the functioning of various features. Without these you cannot use search services, shopping comparisons, and other services available on the website.
- Customization cookies: These are used to facilitate navigation of the website, to record the options you have chosen on the website and provide more personalized features. In some cases we allow advertisers or third parties to place cookies on our website to provide personalized content and services. In any case, the use of our website constitutes acceptance of the use of this type of cookie. If cookies are blocked, we can not guarantee the optimal functioning of the website.
B. Cookies for advertising and re-marketing purposes: used to collect user information in order to display advertisements on the website or third party sites.
C. Social Cookies: These cookies allow our website to be shared and allow for “Like” clicks on social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google + etc.
The lifespan of the cookies we use may vary. In particular, there are session cookies that are only valid for a single search or browsing session and disappear when the browser is closed; and persistent cookies, which have a variable lifespan. The maximum lifespan of cookies in this second category is 5 years.
Users should be aware that if cookies are not enabled on your device, your website experience may be limited and the use of our services and navigation could be impeded.
There are several ways to manage cookies. By modifying browser settings you can choose to disable cookies or receive a warning before accepting one. Also, users can delete all cookies stored in the cookie folder of their browser. Each browser has different procedures for managing configuration. Here’s how you can manage cookies on the major browsers. If you want information about managing cookies on your tablet and/or phone, please consult the operating manual or online help services.
If you want to learn how to manage cookies on other browsers, please consult the operating manual or online help services.
Users’ personal data will be processed by hand or by using electronic means that are such as to ensure, in relation to the purposes for which such data is communicated and collected, data security and confidentiality, as well as to prevent unauthorized access to such data, for the time strictly necessary to achieve the purposes of its collection.
Data will be processed at the legal and operational headquarters of the Data Controllers and at the server farm of the lastminute.com group in Haarlem, The Netherlands, and at the offices of the parties to which such data may be communicated.
Apart from the above specifications on navigation data, Users’ personal data will be used for the following purposes:
- to send the best travel/leisure deals and deals for other services supplied by the Data Controllers themselves or their commercial Partners operating in Tourism, Leisure, High Tech, Fashion, Furniture, Consumer products, Food & Beverage, Finance, Banking, Insurance, Energy, Environment, Communications, Media, Entertainment, Real Estate, Pharmaceuticals, Automobiles, Clothing and Textiles, Training, Energy, Publishing, ICT, Retail, Sports, Telecommunications, and Services in general;
- to improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from users);
- to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature;
- to improve customer service (users information helps us to more effectively respond to customer service requests and support needs);
- to comply with statutory or regulatory obligations;
- for data collection, storage and processing to carry out anonymous and/or aggregate statistical analyses.
The Data Controller will make sure that all personal data supplied thereto is not disclosed and is processed in such a way as to guarantee its security and confidentiality, as well as to prevent unauthorized access thereto. All personal data and information provided by users may be communicated, for the purposes set out above, to the following categories of parties:
– the company’s employees and/or collaborators who assist and advise the Data Controller on Administration, Products, Legal Affairs, Customer Care, Information Systems, as well as those in charge of maintaining the company’s network and hardware/software equipment;
– parties whose right to access data is recognized by statutory provisions or by orders issued by the competent authorities;
– parties that are delegated and/or appointed by the Data Controllers to carry out activities related to Service supply.
The list of the names of the parties to whom users’ personal data may be communicated is available at Bravonext, by writing to email@example.com
By sending a written request to the Data Controller, the user may: (i) obtain from the Data Controller confirmation of the existence of his personal data; (ii) obtain information about the source of his data, the purposes and methods of data processing and the logics applied where data is processed by electronic means; (iii) obtain the details of the Data Controller and of the Data Processors, if any; (iv) obtain information about the parties or categories of parties to whom his personal data may be communicated or who may become aware thereof in their capacity of designated representative in the Country, data processors or people in charge thereof; (v) obtain the cancellation, transformation into an anonymous form or blocking of data processed against the law, and the updating, correction or, if interested therein, integration of his data and (vi) obtain a certification that the operations referred to in point (v) above have been brought to the knowledge, even as regards their content, of those to whom such data has been communicated or spread, unless this proves impossible or involves a manifestly disproportionate use of means when compared to the right being protected; (vii) object to data processing, in whole or in part, for legitimate reasons; (viii) object to data processing for the sending of advertising or direct sales material or for market surveys or commercial communications. The above requests must be sent to BravoNext SA’s address firstname.lastname@example.org.
By sending an express written request by e-mail, the user may also obtain the correction of any incorrect or inaccurate personal data or obtain its cancellation to the extent permitted by law.
In order not to receive any further commercial or promotional offers from the Data Controllers, the User, in addition to exercising the above rights, may also follow the simple procedure activated by the link “unsubscription” that is available in all commercial communications sent by the Data Controllers.