Five Attractions You Have to Take Your Family to in Melbourne
If you and your family are heading to Melbourne, Bravofly suggests you visit five attractions that make Melbourne one of the most unique cities in the world.
Welcome to Melbourne
You’ve clinched a great deal on travel from the Bravofly flight scanner, and you’re just now touching down in Melbourne. A truly amazing city, you and your family are sure to have a blast!
The second most populous city down under, Melbourne is a thriving Australian metropolis with a potentially life-changing experience around every corner. Named the world’s most liveable city, the capital of Victoria has it all – mind-blowing cuisine houses, ultra-chic boutiques, a stunning arts scene, fabulous luxury hotels etc.
Bravofly’s Five Most Life-Changing Attractions in Melbourne
It is also home to some of the world’s most unique attractions, which you and your family just have to take the time to visit on your trip down under. In Bravofly’s opinion the following are the five attractions you’d be a fool to miss on your trip to the city by the bay…
- Eureka Tower: Billed as the Southern hemisphere’s highest viewing platform, Eureka Tower is a huge tower jutting into the skyline, offering unparalleled views of the city below. It also boasts the world’s only ‘edge experience,’ which is a glass cube that projects 3 metres out of the building and is suspended nearly 300 metres above the ground! It’s sure to get your heart racing!
- Royal Botanic Gardens: An internationally acclaimed abundance of nature, the Royal Botanic Gardens provide you with some of the most stunning scenery you’ll ever see. An inner city oasis that’ll provide the perfect break on your trip from the frenetic energy of Melbourne, the Royal Botanic Gardens are chock full of tranquil lawns, sweeping lakes and mighty trees, as well as a range of wildlife unique to Australia. Perfect place for a nice family picnic!
- Shrine of Remembrance: Located in Kings Domain on St Hilda’s road, the Shrine of Remembrance is a memorial to every single Australian soul who has ever taken up arms for their country. Originally built to honour the soldiers of World War One, this impressive building has a range of exhibitions, attractions, ceremonies etc. to help educate you and your family about the realities of war.
- Old Melbourne Gaol: A museum and old prison on Russell Street, the Old Melbourne Gaol is the perfect place to take your kids if you want to give them a little adventure! Take the time to test your courage by visiting all three floors of the old prison, including the execution chamber. You can even see infamous criminal Ned Kelly’s death mask! Are you and your family brave enough?
- Melbourne Zoo: If you love animals then a trip to the Melbourne Zoo is a must. Run by a not-for-profit conservation organisation, the Zoo is dedicated to fighting wildlife extinction, so not only can you be assured that the animals are being treated right, but you get the chance to see some of the rarest species in the world! Highlights include the butterfly house, the Sumatran Orang-utan sanctuary and the award-winning trail of elephants! It really is a once in a life-time experience!
Plan it Out or You Won’t Have Time to See it All!
Melbourne is a city with experiences that you and your family simply can’t miss. Honestly, Bravofly would advise you to make an itinerary before you fly out to Victoria’s capital, or you simply won’t have the time to see it all!