Five Animals You Can Only Find in Australia
Fall in love even more with the idea of a family trip down under this week, as Bravofly lets you know which five animals you can only find in Australia.
80% of Australia’s Animals Can Only Be Found There
Whilst Australia is known for many things – its beer, culture, natural beauty etc., arguably, it’s most famous for its unique animal kingdom. In fact, 80% of the animals and plants to be found in the island nation are unique to Australia.
You can find them nowhere else in the world. Well apart from a zoo, but personally, we’d rather see these glorious creatures in their natural habitat, meaning a trip down under is a must for a family of animal lovers, looking for the trip of a lifetime.
Start With These Five Amazing Animals
So where should you start? You’re only down under for a short time, so you can’t see everything, which is why Bravofly would suggest you and your family make time for the following five animals you can only find in Australia:
- Kangaroo (pictured): Who goes to Australia and doesn’t want to see a kangaroo? The animal is perhaps the most famous in the land and one of its most common, with a population of 30 to 60 million. You can find them practically everywhere, but we’d suggest you head down south to Kangaroo Island if you want to see them in their true glory.
- Koala: Koalas are just so cuddly and cute and adorable that it’s be a crime not to let your kids have the experience of meeting one. The small, bear-like creature is a must in your time in the country and usually tends to be found on its temperate east coast.
- Wombat: If you’re an adventurer, you might want to try your luck with the elusive Wombat – a stout, burrowing animal indigenous to the land down under. They’re hard to spot, but you might have some luck if you head to the Blue Mountains National Park, just outside of Sydney
- Wallaby: People often forget that wallabies are a thing, because they look so much like kangaroos, but they’re smaller than Australia’s most famous marsupial, and an experience all of their own, that you cannot miss. If you want to treat your kids to a day with the wallaby’s you’re in luck, as you can find them throughout Australia.
- Platypus: A river dwelling animal with a bill a bit like a duck’s, the platypus is the egg laying mammal you’ll never believe you got the chance to see! They are shy and notoriously difficult to spot, but you might have some luck if you head to Canberra, Victoria or Tasmania.
Head to Australia for the Trip of a Lifetime
Think of this as Bravofly’s introduction to the unique animals of Australia. There are so many, that you could spend your entire life there and never spot them all, meaning you and your family will never run out of new experiences when you fly down under, for the ultimate trip of a lifetime.