Bravofly Reviews Five Family Activities in Tasmania
Discover what a fabulous time you can have in Tasmania this week as Bravofly reviews five family activities you need to take the time to experience when you’re in Tasmania.
‘A World Apart, Not a World Away.’
Your kids will know it more for the infamous ‘Tasmanian Devil,’ than anything else, but the island state of Tasmania is a fantastic holiday destination.
Located to the South of the Australian mainland, Tasmania is often called ‘the natural state’ and ‘a world apart, not a world away.’. In other words, the island is famed for its heritage, wilderness and natural beauty. As it’s only a stone’s throw away from the main continent, you have to take time out of your hectic schedule to experience it for yourself when you and your family are visiting Australia.
Try These Five Family Activities When You’re in Tasmania
Tasmania really is the perfect family holiday destination, with a tonne of kid-friendly activities to keep your children happy. Here are five family activities in Tasmania, Bravofly suggests you try…
- Hot Air Ballooning: The island looks stunning from above and the best way to see it is to get into the skies. As luck would have it, a number of companies run hot air balloon rides all over the island and we’d definitely suggest you try it. It’s the adventure of a lifetime for your kids!
- Nature Watching: As we’ve told you before, Australia is home to some of the most unique animal life on the planet. Tasmania is no exception and has a number of wildlife parks that are fantastic for kids. For the real Tasmanian experience, we’d suggest you visit Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary to give your kids a special snapshot of Tasmania’s indigenous wildlife!
- Zip-Lining: It may be a bit expensive, but you can give your kids so much adventure they’ll be all tuckered out when you visit Tasmania’s Hollybank Treetops Adventure. Not your usual theme park, it offers an array of zip-lining experiences that’ll have everyone’s hearts racing, whilst giving them a stunning view of the island.
- Bush-Walking: A national Australian past-time, Bushwalking is something you’ve just got to try when you’re in Tasmania. There’s plenty of places to hike through, including Mt Field National Park and Hastings Cave and Thermal Spring, which will have your kids in awe at Tasmania’s natural beauty for hours on end.
- Laser Questing: Hardly a ‘traditional’ Tasmanian activity, nevertheless you can find some pretty awesome laser questing experiences on the island! We’d suggest you go to Zone 3 Laser Games in Launceston. With a huge indoor laser tag complex, it’s the most perfect family activity ever!
Memories That’ll Last a Lifetime!
We’ve only just begun to reveal the delights you and your family are set to find when you take the time to visit Tasmania. It’s a stunningly beautiful place ready to provide your family with memories that’ll last a lifetime!